Production Blog: Peer Review

    


Today we had a friend of ours look over the movie for any potential problems. While I was concerned about having the text both on paper and animated onto the film, they actually preferred it that way. He said that it makes you want to look for the credits. However, he did have some problems with the way the text was. He said it was a little difficult to see with the lighter background. He suggested that we make the text slightly bigger and possibly change the color of the text. We might even add a shadow to the text to help make it stand out. Otherwise, he says we may want to change the music a little bit for where it turns into just voices. I'm not really sure I want to take this part out, as I feel it helps build tension and sets a creepy atmosphere for the video. It also makes the scream that comes a little bit later more jarring, which is what we were going for. 

    For the most part, he really seemed to like the movie, which I am glad about. He liked how the scream coincided with the music video amping up in tension. He also liked how the video was structured, with the cuts and actions getting more frantic as it goes on. This is very important to me, because this is what I really wanted to show in the movie. Another thing he said we could add is with the voices. He said we could make the voices say intrusive thoughts along the lines of "You're not good enough", implying that the voices are in her head. I really like this suggestion, because it adds a sense of mystery to the movie. However, I'm not sure if we'll end up adding them, because I'm not sure about my other groupmates thoughts on this. After that, his only suggestion is to make some of the videos a bit smoother with when they start and stop, since they could look a little choppy and were not as fluid as they could be.

    Overall, I am glad that we got a peer to look over our movie, and I feel like his suggestions were important for our movie. Now, we have lots of work to do to make our video the best it can be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: The calm before the storm